Dark Chocolate Benefits During Pregnancy

For generations women have convinced themselves that eating chocolate is beneficial. Now medical science has found that we were right all along. Every news headline that announces a new reason that dark chocolate is good for you has women everywhere jumping for joy. There is just something about chocolate!

I have only met three people in my life that do not like chocolate and I am convinced that they must be aliens. How could you not like chocolate? Years ago I worked with a woman named Lynn. She would buy expensive chocolates for us at work. She would hide them so we were the only ones that would get any. We both agreed that good chocolate would be wasted on such chocolate amateurs.

Lynn and I were great friends through all three of my pregnancies. She knew all about my cravings and made fun of many of them. She insisted that my children should have been shaped like an egg since I ate a ham, cheese, onion, and tomato omelet almost every day. I also craved lots of rootbeer floats. Who knew that dark chocolate for pregnancy would become prescribed?

Now I see that in a new scientific study by
Dr. Triche research at Yale they have found that dark chocolate is very beneficial to pregnant women. This new study found that pregnant woman that ate dark chocolate were 69 percent less likely to develop preeclampsia. I should call Lynn and thank her for all of that chocolate.

Right afterward I should head to
Intentional Chocolate and buy some chocolate. Yummy!
1 Response
  1. Mindi Says:

    Hey Melissa! I made our thankful tree! I posted about it and linked your blog on my post. :) Thank again for the great idea!


 
ss_blog_claim=e64aaad63088372817265f52c74f2748