Pumpkin Cheesecake


I love pumpkin pie but I also like to find different types to make. Have you started to think about your Thanksgiving menu yet? Most people want a simple and traditional menu so you can not get too creative with dinner. You can get creative with dessert though. This pumpkin pie is wonderful. Pumpkin cheesecake is a perfect combination and the gingersnap and pecan crust is the perfect compliment.

INGREDIENTS
  • 1 1/2 cups crushed gingersnap cookies
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
  • 1/3 cup butter, melted

  • 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
  • 3/4 cup white sugar, divided
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 cup canned pumpkin
  • 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg

DIRECTIONS
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a medium bowl, mix together the crushed gingersnap cookies, pecans, and butter. Press into the bottom, and about 1 inch up the sides of a 9 inch springform pan. Bake crust 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Set aside to cool.
  2. In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, and vanilla just until smooth. Mix in eggs one at a time, blending well after each. Set aside 1 cup of the mixture. Blend 1/4 cup sugar, pumpkin, cinnamon, and nutmeg into the remaining mixture.
  3. Spread the pumpkin flavored batter into the crust, and drop the plain batter by spoonfuls onto the top. Swirl with a knife to create a marbled effect.
  4. Bake 55 minutes in the preheated oven, or until filling is set. Run a knife around the edge of the pan. Allow to cool before removing pan rim. Chill for at least 4 hours before serving.



The Best Christmas Gifts and Christmas Gift Ideas
10 Responses
  1. tahtimbo Says:

    I am SO doing this for Thanksgiving. It sounds delicious! Thanks for the recipe:)


  2. Lisa Says:

    I have totally been lagging on Entrecard lately, but when I hopped on yesterday I noticed you had made it up to the 3rd spot. I wanted to congratulate you on that. I was getting up to the top 20 when I was dropping 300/day, but I got burned out superfast.

    Anyway, I love your site!!


  3. Rene' Morris Says:

    I am making this in place of one of the pies I've been ordered to bring. Sounds very easy and delicious! Love the crust! YUM!! Thank you so much!


  4. That should have read, "Pumpkin BREAD" not break! LOL at myself!


  5. Thanks for the recipe-it's great! Pumpkin break with chocolate chips is another great one-check it out if you haven't already!


  6. Judy Says:

    Omigosh! This sounds fantastic! I definitely will include this in my holiday desserts! Thank you, thank you, thank you!


  7. Jude Says:

    That looks delicious and I can't wait to try it thanks so much for a great dessert.


  8. ktales Says:

    that looks really really good. Hmm... I think I may have to drink a chocolate protein shake to get the craving out :)

    kt


  9. Connie Says:

    That looks divine! I'm going to have to make this one!

    Thanks!


  10. Mizé Says:

    Hi. I never tried pumpkin cheesecake but it sounds delicious, specially with pecans. I´m writing down this recipe, thanks for sharing.
    Cheers!


 
ss_blog_claim=e64aaad63088372817265f52c74f2748